Here are build(s) of Csound that are odd, rare or not part of the official Csound release output. These are ordered by descending build date.
These releases are built for Windows XP (both 32 and 64-bit), but may be compatible with later versions of Windows. They have generally only been consistently tested on Windows XP x64 Edition and regular 32-bit XP.
Csound 6.16.1; 2021-06-30
Built on 2021-07-14
Notes as with the 6.17 beta below.
Csound 6.17 beta (commit d606868); 2021-06-30
Built on 2021-07-10
Most things are supported and built, some aren't as detailed below.
- Requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable (32/64 bit accordingly)
- Fluidsynth opcodes have not been built due to complexities which may be addressed in the future
- Virtual keyboard doesn't work (needs a good hack due to module loading limitations in XP)
- CURL support has been included, but without OpenSSL
- Python should work but may need further work
- Java library not built
- .zip has no installer, just dll and exe files which will need placing accordingly
- Main hacks required in the build process:
- FLTK opcodes loaded in main dll rather than as module
- pthreads4w used instead of native threading
- InterlockedExchange8 function tweaks in both 32 and 64 bit
- ifdefs for _WIN64 in InterLocked..64 usage and fallback
- Hardcoded LOCALAPPDATA changed to APPDATA
- Custom vcpkg triplet used
- vcpkg platform toolset hacked with hardcoded v141_xp and some other Cmake bits
Cabbage 2.7.0; 2021-06-18
Built on 2021-07-10
Only the 32-bit version is available.
- Built without VST3 support: VST2 only
- Tested with the Csound_6.17_develop-d606868_XP32 build above
- Only the raw binaries/dll files are provided, these need to be placed accordingly with any required supporting resources/examples can be obtained from the Cabbage github page
- These additional resources are not required, but csound.dll does need to be in a relevant location